Tuesday, July 22, 2014

EDAD 536 Day 2 Reflection

My head is sooo full.  I loved having the opportunity to listen to the GREAT wide world of Google.  I had no idea that Google was so functional.  I'm excited to just dig and dig and see what other wonderful things I can find within it that I can use.

I really liked the concept of "Appy Hour," I think the only possible way to discover all of the wonders that may be available is to invite all the searchers together to share what they've seen/found.  I realize that not all apps are "good," but what a great way to discuss that also.  Other people may have used, abused, thrown out, loved, etc. apps that I will simply spend a lot of time "figuring out" on my own, or we could collaborate and all save time (which is the biggest voiced concern)

I have an Iphone, so I'm fairly familiar with the AppStore, but it didn't really occur to me (until today) that the AppStore isn't really the end all, that other sources have apps available and they can be used on the desk top, lap tops, and mobile devices.  I would love to have a working (because I'm sure it will be difficult to get an all-inclusive) list of places to search for apps.  I became familiar with "Chrome Store" today and of course "AppStore," but are there many other places out their that list/share/disperse apps for all devices?

Innovative teachers are so inspirational.  Teachers/leaders that truly never quit learning, but keep searching for more and deeper. I love that.

4 comments:

  1. Love your last paragraph...perfect. Keep that in your wheelhouse all your career long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you say about learning from others and expanding our horizons is soooo true! We can learn so much more in a few minutes from each other, just by sharing experiences, apps, ideas, etc... than in an hour of solo experimentation. I can get so lost - which is good sometimes, but also sometimes you just want to learn how to do something!
    Enjoy Appy Hour! My teachers sure did!! :) Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a Chrome store? I love the constant learning Technology brings! We need to keep these blogs going for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "My brain is sooo full." This comment reminds me of the Farside cartoon when Calvin raises his hand in class and says to the teacher...my brain is full, can I go to the restroom?" My brain felt full as well.

    Love this comment...life long learners-"Teachers/leaders that truly never quit learning, but keep searching for more and deeper. I love that."

    ReplyDelete